Markets Data team is building the next generation Data fabric to solve for Business, Analytics and growing regulatory needs. Vast amounts of data assets have been accumulated through the years. Data fabric built on emerging technologies will facilitate the data being inspected, cleansed, transformed for support decision-making
This is a leadership role in markets data organization and provides an excellent opportunity to work with development team and execute strategic projects/ programs. The candidate must possess a combination of skills/traits around delivery oversight, driving technology innovation to production, domain knowledge, building and managing high performance teams, peer networking, management reporting and aligning the organization to ISG goals, strategies.Development Value:
Candidate has the opportunity to be a major contributor to the Citi Markets Data Strategy and contribute towards the goal of increasing revenue using key metrics for decision making. The candidate will work with bright and innovative individuals both on the business and technology side and the successful candidate can make a significant difference to the business performance.Key Responsibilities:
Must Have Experience:
- Work with core team and deliver solutions using Impala/Hive, Parquet, Kafka and related Big Data Technologies
- Requirement gathering and understanding, Analyze and convert functional requirements into concrete technical tasks and able to provide reasonable effort estimates
- Responsible for end-to-end project delivery within schedule and with required level of quality.
- Reporting on all projects to senior management and cross-functional key stakeholders
- Coordinate the management of cross-function interdependencies and lead on the execution of communication plans to all key stakeholders
- Work proactively with global teams to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks
- Providing expertise in technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery
- Code reviews, test case reviews and ensure code developed meets the requirements
- Responsible for systems analysis, architecture, Design, Coding, Unit Testing and other SDLC activities
- 10-15 years' relevant experience in Technology development and delivering projects
- Should have been involved in enterprise scale multi region project development and tracking initiatives
- Experience in banking/capital markets or Loans/Lending is necessary.
- Experience in leading large Big Data Development Program on Cloudera Platform and having Hands on Experience in different tech stacks in big data including Spark(on Scala and Java), Hive, and Impala etc.
- Should have strong experience in Relational and No-SQL databases
- Experience of development methodologies such as SDLC, Agile key mile stones/ artifacts around same, size estimation, structure of BRD/FRD and full blown project plan preparation, test methodologies ( functional, regression, performance).
- Overview programming paradigms- object oriented, functional etc; should have driven a large build out, implemented end to end one to two program end to end in global model.
- Complete project lifecycle exposure
- Exposure/ experience in enterprise level platform development
- Ability to manage high performance teams in high pressure delivery environment
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations
Job Family Group:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent quantitative field
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting