The Area Lending Sr Mgr SAFE Act accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Executes the sales business within a defined geographic area; market volume in excess of $500 million, approximately 20 branches; and has direct management of 12 - 15 lending officers.
- Manages a sales team which drives loans as well as complex/high net worth individual loans to drive results while maximizing customer satisfaction to meet the needs of the clients.
- Places focus on the consistent deployment of all management routines that drive performance and outbound calling by encouraging and rewarding daily participation.
- Establishes and maintains key relationships and business contacts within the community and targeted industry segments to create opportunities for growth.
- Coaches/mentors all lending officers to ensure they achieve their individual performance plan.
- Spends majority of time in the field with sales team and bank branch personnel.
- Conducts frequent sales meetings for team.
- Prioritizes, manages and communicates promotional campaigns and product initiatives.
- Utilizes analytical information provided and real time experience in the area, analyze trends in both local/niche market and customer profiles to identify potential sales opportunities.
- Maximizes the profit contribution from retail originations.
- Works in partnership with the branch business to execute delivery of mortgage products. Works in partnership with the other business segments in executing cross-sell opportunities.
- Accountable for attaining origination, revenue, recruiting/attrition, compliance and profitability goals as well as meeting various imposed deadlines.
- Establishes and implements marketing strategies for the designated geography. Identify appropriate local business industry conferences and events for staff members to attend, prepare business justification, organize and present when appropriate.
- Serves as expert for all branch and field personnel in assigned area.
- Manages all possible related operations subject to volume/expense/regulatory/compliance issues by originating high quality mortgage loans for resale in secondary markets and portfolio.
- Acts as liaison for escalated issues both from an operations and customer service standpoint
- Identifies and develops existing staff to build bench strength. Responsible for hiring home lending officers in assigned area.
- Responsible for the execution of the performance management process of the area sales team.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of branch based business.
- Previous 2 years management experience required
- Proven experience in growing Retail banking business in different economic cycles and achieving sales targets. Proven experience in leading, managing, motivating and retaining a sales force.
- Proven ability to identify key customer needs and to develop programs, processes or products that meet those needs.
- Process orientated, results driven.
- Ability to lead and manage a diverse sales force, using multiple channels with a diverse client population.
- NMLS registration; Safe Act compliant
- This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and Citi policies and procedures. As part of this registration process, you must be fingerprinted unless you have fingerprints are on file with NMLS Registry that are less than 3 years old.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Consumer SalesJob Family:
Consumer Product Sales Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting