The Program Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Supports planning, directing and coordination of day-to-day activities of running a program or portfolio of programs.
- Manages multiple teams or a functional area (depending on size of business).
- Applies comprehensive understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Ensures creation and signoff of program plan and charter, benefits management plan, stakeholder management plan, acceptance plan, and central program issue log.
- Ensures program plans meet business needs as described in the program initiation documents.
- Ensures all stakeholders are identified and included in scope definition activities.
- Ensures stakeholders understand the program schedule and key milestones.
- Ensures program stakeholders receive schedule status regularly.
- Ensures funding has been approved for the program.
- Ensures all areas of the program are appropriately staffed.
- Ensures program commitment from those assigning resources.
- Escalates program risks to the Program Director, or Program Sponsor, when appropriate.
- Ensures vendor performance is monitored and actions taken if performance warrants.
- Maintains appropriate staffing requirements to meet operational needs.
- Exercises shared responsibility for budget, policy formulation and planning.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations, and other personnel actions
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience
- Good negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
NAM KYC Operations is seeking a Business Manager to support the activities of its Managing Director and leadership team. The Business Manager role encompasses a variety of responsibilities within organization planning, strategy development and communications within the NAM KYC Operations function and across GCB AML KYC and Sanctions stakeholders. Working within the office of the CAO, this role will undertake responsibility for coordinating efforts and activities to respond to and address critical needs for effective operating of the function specifically where a central strategic focus is required. Responsible for developing and maintaining operating routines, business reviews, and staff meetings to support strategic direction of the KYC function. Requires a comprehensive understanding of the scope of operations, compliance, technology and business functions and how they interact in order to achieve business and regulatory objectives. Excellent communication and presentation skills required in order to negotiate and influence internally, and often at a senior level. This role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to participate and influence the shaping of an integrated KYC operations function and new organization. The role provides a unique perspective across operations and the ability to gain broad exposure by addressing high impact initiatives and issues across NAM KYC Operations. Responsibilities:
- Drive execution of the Operations strategy and objectives, mapping of accomplishments to the core pillars of the strategy and creating materials to communicate strategy to the leadership team and partnering organizations/teams
- Own the development and delivery of key strategic initiatives on behalf of KYC (e.g. staffing and site strategies, culture and talent strategies)
- Works directly with program teams on shared initiatives. Requires solid understanding of governance and control environment and processes
- Partner with members of the KYC team to synthesize, develop and present materials, initiative updates and presentations across KYC Operations, GCB Operations leadership, Operating Committees, and other key stakeholders as required.
- Facilitation of key KYC Operations rituals and management meetings, including development of agenda, coordination and review of materials, minutes and tracking follow-ups to closure
- Network and collaborate with key constituents and leverage team resources in; Finance, Operational Risk and Compliance, Data & Analytics, and AML program teams to drive business outcomes
- 10+ years of experience in any of the following: Operations, Relationship Management, Control & Risk Operations, or Project Management
- Requires strong understanding of the expectations of the NAM Consumer business in meeting risk and regulatory requirements
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to partner and influence cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization without direct managerial authority
- Combines excellent communication skills with business-specific insight to effectively craft and share our KYC strategy
- Expertise in strategy development and insight-driven analysis, with a demonstrated ability to drive the achievement of strategic results
- Team player that demonstrates and promotes a positive team culture
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Advanced MS Office, particularly PowerPoint skills
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Communications or equivalent experience, Master's degree a plus
Project and Program ManagementJob Family:
Program Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting