|Category||Technology||Job type||Full Time|
• Citi's North America Consumer Bank Engineering and Architecture function is responsible for strategic and operational management of the technology environment supporting Citi's Global Consumer Technology (GCT) function. Key responsibilities of the GCT E&A include: enterprise architecture governance; technology innovation, strategy and roadmap development; software development technology, process and design standards; collaboration and execution with development operations (DevOps) strategy and operational management and optimization of infrastructure in conjunction with CTI.
• Data and Information Architecture will be comprised of domain experts who are specifically focused on the architecture and strategy pertaining to Consumer Banking products like Retail / Wealth, Cards / Customer, Lending / Utilities, Risk and Payments using standard exposition.
• This role will report directly to the Data and Information Architecture Head. The person will be a Senior Analyst / Architect responsible for the Consumer Data and Analytics domain across the North America Retail / Wealth, Credit Cards and Lending lines of business, and architecting linkages with other sectors. The selected candidate will orchestrate a forward-looking technology plan to provide market-competitive (or differentiated as needed) capabilities at optimal speed and/or total cost of ownership. Specifically, the candidate is expected to develop market insight, perform competitive assessments, understand and inform business and technology strategy, document the reference architecture and maintain a roadmap of capabilities that align with Business drivers and investments. The candidate will have a strategic view for their domain while influencing other investment decisions and driving execution of the roadmap pertaining to the Data and Analytics Domain.
• Maintain and apply a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends / opportunities, alternate solution providers and ranking, leading practices and our position / capabilities / performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries / organizations. Ensure technology roadmaps are developed within the context of expected market developments and the opportunities / threats they present.
• Demonstrate technology thought leadership, foster productive business relationships and build strong sponsorship of our technology architecture and roadmap. Understand and influence business strategy, ensuring it's informed by current and emerging technology capabilities and supported by our Enterprise architecture patterns and roadmap.
• Maintain domain Level comprehensive technology roadmaps encompassing application and related infrastructure services that are consistent with the reference architecture and phased in accordance with business priorities, investment and risk appetite, and regulatory / risk / compliance requirements.
• Maintain a comprehensive view of current and forecast domain economics (e.g. run cost trend, expected investment and potential impairments). Ensure roadmaps support business and technology financial objectives. Highlight and mitigate financial risks.
• Provide domain leadership within regional architecture forums, ensuring the reference architecture and roadmap for the data and analytics domain are informed by practical requirements and that design decisions remain consistent with the Enterprise architecture patterns and roadmap; ensure appropriate governance of exceptions with stringent follow-up to ensure all conditions of approval are met within the committed timeframe.
• Foster a strong regionally-aligned solutions architect / design community with intimate knowledge of reference architecture and roadmap, and oversee a governance process that will ensure reference architecture and roadmaps remain relevant within regional context and central to individual investment and project decisions.
• Ensure early engagement of partner organizations (e.g. Citi Engineering) in the development of the reference architecture and roadmap. Ensure planned capabilities can be satisfied by partner organizations within the timeframe required. Assist in managing the consistency of partner organizations across regions.
• Develop talent within the Data and Information Architecture team and partner organizations such as engineering and delivery teams; develop a learning environment; demonstrate teamwork, respect and collaboration across the Chief Technology Office (CTO) function and other partner organizations, and foster a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism and excellence.
• Ensure all regulatory, compliance and internal control requirements are met, while maintaining a measured view of the risk affecting all areas of Engineering and Architecture responsibility, with structured and visible plans for mitigation of this risk.
• Drive capability reuse with point of convergence as the success measure. Partner with product engineering heads to develop Data and Analytics domain roadmaps, adoption of real-time streaming / Hadoop platform as well as Cloud-based SaaS / PaaS / IaaS offerings.
• Drive Cloud adoption and leverage cloud enabled technologies and toolsets within the Data and Analytics domain.
• 5+ years in technology / engineering leadership roles within financial services or a related industry; specific experience in strategy development, enterprise and / or solutions architecture and systems integration in a complex distributed environment, employing a mix of modern and legacy technologies.
• Functional and technical knowledge within the assigned or related domain developed through practical experience in defining and delivering technology solutions within a global and diverse financial services environment.
• Current and in-depth Data and Analytics domain market insights. In-depth hands-on knowledge in Confluent Kafka-based streaming platform, Cloudera Hadoop-based analytical platform and cloud technologies (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS).
• Strongly developed strategic, analytical and communication skills evidenced by experience in formulating strategic scenarios, evaluating trade-offs within a robust commercial framework, developing related financial models and designing practical execution plans.
• Experience in architecture roles within a complex commercial environment including assisting in setting architectural principles, helping define the reference architecture, building technology roadmaps aligned with business plans and helping to institute governance to ensure alignment of investment to strategy / architecture.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to engage and influence technology and business stakeholders at most levels within an organization on complex technical and commercial concepts.
• Proven ability to assist in attracting, developing, engaging and sustaining world-class engineering / technical talent; build collaborative higher performing teams and foster a culture of innovation and excellence.
• Experience in the delivery of Kafka / Hadoop-based platforms.
• Knowledge of and experience in current technologies, including, but not limited to SaaS / PaaS / IaaS, MicroServices, Containers, RESTful API's, Big Data, Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning.
• Experience with Python and Machine Learning models leveraging H2O.ai, R or SAS is a plus.
• Experience with relational and no-sql databases (e.g. Oracle, MongoDB, HBASE, etc.).
• Experience with Data Modeling and Data Lifecycle including data quality, lineage and traceability.
• Experience in Customer Journey Analytics, Marketing Decision Engines and Salesforce is a plus.
• Experience in formulating and executing commercial arrangements for products and / or services is a plus.
• Broad financial expertise with knowledge of corporate affairs, financial and economic fundamentals, and business policies, products, processes, systems and roles.
The successful candidate will possess the following leadership / personal qualities:
• Be creative, energetic and passionate, driven by the desire to achieve a world-class standard of performance and exceptional customer experience.
• Be an intelligent risk taker; be someone who challenges the status quo, operates across boundaries and seeks win-win outcomes.
• Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and the confidence and conviction to live and uphold the values of Citi.
• Be decisive and balanced in decision making; balance strategic vs. tactical and risk vs. cost vs. speed to arrive at pragmatic and sustainable solutions.
• Span boundaries to draw into Citi the best possible insight, experience and technology capabilities from current and potential partner organizations.
• Be disciplined in execution, retain tight governance over multiple dimensions of performance, and ensure commitments are understood and met.
• Be an outstanding leader of people, who is able to create a compelling vision and deeply engage with, inspire and motivate others to achieve goals beyond their own expectations.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
|Employer||Architecture Lead Analyst|