The Audit Innovation function is looking for a Senior Analyst to join the team. The Audit Innovation and Analytics function works with members of Internal Audit to identify automation opportunities and develop processes to support the development of audit analytics. The candidate must be proficient in the development and use of analytics technology and tools to provide automated solutions that enhance audit efficiency and effectiveness, and have functional knowledge of banking processes and related risks and controls.Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Competencies
- Leadership and subject matter expertise in the development of audit processes improvements.
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
- Assisting audit teams in performing moderately complex audits related to a specific area of the bank: Consumer Banking, Investment Banking, Risk, Global Functions, Compliance, and/or Technology
- Providing coaching to team members regarding the use of automation
- Participating in the innovative use of audit analytics through direct participation in all phases of audits
- Assisting in defining data needs, designing and executing audit analytics during audits in accordance with the audit methodology and professional standards.
- Applies understanding of business processes to identify opportunities to enhance audit efficiencies and effectiveness through the development and delivery of automated processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to clearly articulate analytics requirements and results, and make practical recommendations for analytics enhancements.
- Develop professional relationships with product teams to assist in the definition of audit analytics opportunities
- Develop effective working relationships with technology and business management of the area being audited.
- Promoting continuous improvement in all aspects of audit automation activities (e.g., technical environment, software, operating procedures).
- At least 4 years of business / audit analyst experience in providing automated solutions to business needs.
- Work experience in global environment and in large company is preferred
- Excellent technical, programming and databases skills
- Excellent analytical ability to understand business processes and develop innovative audit analytics based upon needs.
- Strong interpersonal and multicultural skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Self-driven, problem solving approach. Understanding of procedures and following these to keep quality and security of processes.
Proficiency in one or more of the following technical skills:
- MS Access
Proficiency in at least one of the following Data Visualization tools is a plus:
- Power BI
Experience of the following areas would be a plus:
Job Family Group:
- Business Intelligence including use of statistics , data modeling, data mining and predictive analytics
- the Banking Businesses (i.e., Institutional Clients Group, Consumer, Corporate Functions) or areas of expertise (i.e. Anti-Money Laundering, Regulatory Reporting)
- Big Data analysis including big data dedicated use like HUE, Hive
- Project Management / Solution Development Life Cycle
Decision ManagementJob Family:
Business Analysis Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting