The Strategy Senior Group Manager manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an intergral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business. Responsibilities:
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the leadership team and addresses high impact strategic issues across its portfolio of businesses. Work in close partnership with business heads and senior leadership.
- Lead the strategic planning process based on fact based analysis.
- Guide and execute analysis of our markets, competitors, and customers using internal and external resources.
- Drive corporate strategy initiatives around growth, investments, capital and expense optimization.
- Conduct organic growth initiative development and prioritization, and portfolio assessment.
- Identify opportunities and issues of strategic importance to Business Units.
- Develop recommendations to advise Citi's senior management on high-priority initiatives, including growth strategy, product and segment strategies, and cross business initiatives.
- Support performance measurement and management ranging from strategic franchise development scorecards to project/function-specific metrics.
- Coordinate communications with key internals (e.g. Citi executive leadership and Board) and external stakeholders (e.g. investor community, regulators).
- Actively recruit and develop team members, including placement out of the Strategy function into other roles.
- Develop transformational strategies to grow and re-position businesses.
- Provide clarity in complex problems, facilitate decision-making, and guide high value investments.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with executives across the business.
- Contribute to continuous team improvement and management, e.g., provide leadership in recruiting, coach junior staff, etc.
- Management responsibility for a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years experience in people management.
- 15+ years relevant experience in strategy consulting. Previous project management experience: project planning & execution, client and team member management.
- In-depth understanding of the business and financial drivers.
- Ability to lead and direct a team of knowledge professionals. Problem structuring and analytic capabilities; ability to take a complex problem and organize it in discrete pieces for solution. Ability to size and prioritize large-scale initiatives across businesses. Ability to work effectively with senior and middle level managers and with large interdisciplinary teams.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Problem structuring & causal thinking, sound business judgment, and demonstrated result orientation. Outstanding analytical and quantitative capabilities; history of academic and professional excellence and achievement. Creativity thinking; thinks outside the box and challenges conventional wisdom.
- Collaborative work style; effectively interacts with partners across organizational boundaries/hierarchies.
- Displays a leadership presence; commands respect and will earn trust of senior leaders. Multi-tasks productively and reliably, while managing conflicting priorities.
- Business builder capable of creating vision and motivating a geographically dispersed team. Proven track record of successfully managing a complex business with Profit and Loss (P&L) management experience. Good understanding of the different banking products.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Business Strategy, Management & AdministrationJob Family:
Strategy & Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting