The Applications Support Manager provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility. Provides operational/service leadership and direction to team(s). Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge through provision of value-added perspectives or advisory services. May contribute to the development of new techniques, models and plans within area of expertise. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Generally has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness of end results and shared responsibility for planning and budgets. Work affects an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Full supervisory responsibility, ensuring motivation and development of team through professional leadership to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities. Responsibilities:
- Manages an apps support team.
- Oversees process for technical issue escalation; prioritizes technical issue resolution.
- Ensures resource gaps are addressed as a priority to avoid business service disruption.
- Oversees resolution of major system outages ensuring communication to interested parties.
- Start of day checks, continuous monitoring, and regional handover.
- Perform same day risk reconciliations.
- Act as a liaison between users/traders, interfacing internal technology groups and vendors.
- Provides technical oversight across systems and applications; leverages skills across apps support area.
- Active involvement in and ownership of Support Project items, covering Stability, Efficiency, and Effectiveness initiatives.
- Applies good understanding of concepts and procedures within own apps support area to resolve issues.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Responsible for delivery of end results and contributes to planning, budget management and formulation of procedures which directly impacts the apps support area; influences resource planning.
- Participate in application releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
- Perform post release checkouts after application releases and infrastructure updates.
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Persuades and influences others through strong communication and diplomacy skills; may negotiate with external parties
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes decisions on pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years experience in an Apps Support role with commensurate people management experience.
- Experience with real-time monitoring systems
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Must show confidence in all communications so that key stake holders are not doubtful of the information being communicated
- Effective prioritization skills and high energy.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, great teammate
- Issue tracking and reporting using tools
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholde
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
c12 Job Family Group:
Applications Support Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting