The Applications Development Group Manager is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology Team. The overall objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis and programming activities. Responsibilities:
- A hands on Tech lead, responsible for implementing enterprise scale solutions
- Manage multiple teams of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Deliver high quality technical solutions to multiple global stakeholders in a fast paced environment
- Provide strategic influence and exercise control over resources, budget management and planning while monitoring end results
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards
- Integrate in-depth knowledge of applications development with overall technology function to achieve established goals
- Provide evaluative judgement based on analysis of facts in complicated, unique, and dynamic situations including drawing from internal and external sources
- Influence and negotiate with senior leaders across functions, as well as communicate with external parties as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or similar
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Expert knowledge of Core Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Batch, Hibernate, Spring MVC, RESTful Web services, Workflows
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, databases, O/S.
- Hands on experience in design (HLD/LLD) and design patterns.
- Thorough understanding of server side integration, Restful, Spring MVC, web services, workflows
- Good knowledge of design patterns and providing solutions to complex design issues
- Good skills in web servers such as WebSphere, Tomcat
- Provide architectural guidance in system design
- Experience with source code management tools such as SVN, Git/Bitbucket
- Experience in Cloud Technologies
- Should have good exposure to Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL),
- Knowledge or experience in Big data technologies and frameworks is an added advantage.
- Be comfortable introducing new technologies and new ideas as required.
Job Family Group:
- Strong background in designing enterprise scale solutions
- Ability to excel in a team environment as well as work independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to mentor team members
- Passion for technology and self- starter
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting