Treasury and Trade Services (TTS) offer industry-leading Cash Management & Trade solutions to multi-national corporations, financial institutions and public sectors globally. Commercial Cards is a rapidly growing product in the TTS suite of products and has been identified as one of the top priority products within TTS business. The Commercial Cards business caters for over 700 corporate clients across 11 markets in LATAM with annual growth of circa 20% year on year, in the next 2 years.
The role reports solely to the Regional Commercial Cards Fraud Head for LATAM. Additionally, there is a close working relationship with the Commercial Cards Regional and Global Fraud Risk Management core group. Commercial Cards Operations is closely aligned to Product, Sales, Account Management, Implementations, Capabilities, and Technologies, and there are many interactions with these groups.
The Operations Group currently has a footprint as follows:
- Regional (cross-border) card issuance - Tampa (Citi, core leadership, process and project roles), Sykes (Costa Rica and Curitiba, BR- client and cardholder service delivery), and Chennai & Mumbai (TCS and Hexaware, third party - Customer Inquiry Fulfillment Back Office and processing centre).
- In-market issuance - Central America, DR, Colombia and Peru
- This team supports a card base of 150,000 Commercial cards in a growing market.
The key objective of this role is to support effective, robust & proactive management of Fraud Risk, Authorization & Disputes operations for the LATAM Commercial Cards business with a portfolio size of US$ 1 billion/annum and presence in 11 countries (700 clients) across LATAM region.Key responsibilities:
- Support the Regional Process Owner, from end-to-end accountability in LATAM for Fraud Management, Disputes and Authorization performance across LATAM Commercial Cards.
- Closely work with Regional Commercial Cards Fraud Head and be an active member of Global Commercial Cards Fraud Risk Management group in order to represent the LATAM region
- Provide essential and necessary support to ensure the regional fraud performance is maintained according to the quantitative and qualitative Fraud Risk Appetite Framework
- Ability to design and analyze key metrics to provide insight to the Regional Commercial Cards Fraud Head on policy compliance and aggregated risk measurements
- Execute daily ad hoc tasks or lead small projects as needed; inclusive of pre-defined actions for handling BAU and client escalations
- Provides in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions
- Applies/demonstrates advanced understanding of processes, procedures, and policies for all areas supported across 11 markets
- To assist the Regional Commercial Cards Fraud Head to define the Fraud Management framework and road map; support implementation within the LATAM region. Driving consistencies and appropriate governance and/or control processes
- Work collaboratively as appropriate with counterparts in other regions, as required and agreed with the Regional Commercial Cards Fraud Head
- May be responsible for resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Leverage learnings and best practices in fraud management forums in order to ensure Citi is ahead of the latest fraud patterns.
- Develop understanding of the working relationships with Visa and MasterCard in LATAM to represent Commercial Cards
- Support in management of circa 10 FTE provided by vendor relationship to ensure accountability and achievement of regional goals
- Assist the Regional Commercial Cards Fraud Head in the achievement of stakeholder and customer goals on fraud prevention and the optimal balancing between fraud write-offs and minimizing authorization declines
- Ability to provide business perspective and support to investigations and discussions
- Support in presenting Fraud Monitoring techniques to LATAM internal and external customers.
- Ensure Controls are at the heart of processes and procedures, and are robustly achieved in the operational areas responsible.
- Always exercise leadership behaviors in line with the O&T Operating Principles.
This role offers tremendous exposure to diverse areas within the bank - enabling the candidate to develop by interacting with Clients, Product, Sales, Implementations, Operations & Technologies, Account Management and other relationship teams. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop expertise in all aspects of Commercial Cards Operations.Knowledge/ experience
- Proven sustained success in Cards and/or Fraud Management disciplines.
- Understanding of end to end authorization framework
- Prior experience and knowledge of Cards is essential
- Cards Fraud Management expertise is essential.
- Experience of Commercial Cards Operations is preferable.
- Good understanding of Risk-related aspects of operational activities is essential.
- Chargebacks process and acquirer/issuer fraud liability experience.
- Working with Visa, Master Card, Other Payment network providers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent or 10 years+ experience within the Banking and/or Financial Services industry.
- Ability to create strategy, and convert into the successful execution of activities to support it.
- Analytical and methodical.
- Superior verbal, written and numeracy skills.
- Proficient at MS Office, particularly the manipulation of documents in MS Excel and MS Access.
- Spanish speaking is required (Portuguese is a plus)
Job Family Group:
- Independent thinking, with strong thought leadership to challenge the status quo.
- Relationship management and influencing competency.
- Ability to work with intensity in a pressurised environment (multi-tasking is essential) and to retain sound decision-making judgement.
- Must be proactive and prepared through own initiative to investigate issues with the minimum of information
- Excellent communication with ability to engage at all levels, both verbally and through written materials
- Self-motivated and core ability to drive results
- Structured working competency.
Operations - Transaction ServicesJob Family:
Cash Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting