The Credit Risk Senior Officer I is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project. Responsibilities:
- Assist in the structuring of credit opportunities to ensure that risk and reward are appropriately balanced in extending credit.
- Provide covering authority on CCB extensions of commercial credit.
- Ensure that all credit extensions are in compliance with target market, collateral, documentation, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Promote a strong and balanced risk management culture and demonstrate rigorous credit analysis in the underwriting and portfolio management processes.
- Conduct post loan reviews on credit facilities approved by Business
- Lead execution of key projects.
- Provide oversight and mentor a team of in Business Relationship Managers and Credit Officers.
- Assess the implications to other Risk disciplines when approving transactions or statistical methodologies.
- Lead and coordinate cross functional teams to build credit processes and undertake necessary projects.
- Use available tools and portfolio management techniques to effectively identify and assess trends and risks in the portfolio.
- Assess overall risk infrastructure and linkages within Citi's architecture.
- Anticipate client needs (internal and external) and proactively generate ideas to deliver innovative solutions and improve Citi's competitiveness. Ensure that escalated client issues are resolved with urgency.
- Build partnerships across functions/regions. Create and sustain a network of strong relationships.
- Monitor portfolio performance, monitor exceptions, and recommend, where appropriate, to refocus Business strategy and credit approval workflows to be more effective and efficient in turnaround and the quality of approvals.
- Conduct periodic portfolio and remedial relationship reviews.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in commercial lending risk management and/or related assignments with at least 3 years' experience in the U.S.
- Product or industry expertise preferred.
- Minimum existing Commercial Credit Officer2 designation with Senior Credit Officer (SCO) potential within two years; existing SCO approval authority or equivalent preferred.
- Sound and consistent approach to approving credit.
- U.S. collateral perfection requirements.
- Broad exposure to Commercial and Industrial (C & I) lending.
- Expertise in or the ability to quickly develop the required skill-set in identified specialized segments like healthcare.
- Computer literate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and familiarity with internal bank systems and platforms. Attention to detail with focus on maintaining data integrity.
- Ability to work closely with Loan Operations, Service, Product Managers, Remedial Management, Legal, and Compliance to achieve the business's objectives.
- Ability to balance risk and reward. Willingness to support business growth.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required MBA or equivalent advanced training preferred.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Risk ManagementJob Family:
Credit Decisions Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting