Citi Commercial Banking (CCB) provides global banking capabilities and services in 27 countries around the world to mid-sized, globally-oriented companies across all stages of their growth. As our clients expand internationally, we put our 200 years of experience to work for them by delivering actionable insights and ideas, comprehensive banking solutions, and a truly global network.
CCB's In-Business Risk & Controls (IBRC) organization drives global consistency across CCB for addressing risk and control issues. CCB IBRC fosters a culture of control and customer centricity and accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and mitigate regulatory, reputational, and operational risks.
Roles in the risk and controls space are critical to managing a safe and sound global business. The primary function of IBRC is to anticipate, identify and mitigate non-credit risks, including operational, reputational and performance risks, that could impact business objectives, and to minimize control breaks, poor audit/exam results and operational risk events and losses. IBRC staff work with the business to determine appropriate mitigants to key risks, including advising them on how to design appropriate controls through a globally consistent MCA, and in overseeing the implementation of various elements of the business's overarching Risk Appetite Framework. The IBRC team also helps to instill a robust risk and controls culture throughout the business through a strong issues and audit/exam management discipline.Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading CCB partnership with AML/Compliance and the KYC Operations Utility to review and evaluate AML and Sanctions Risks, Policy and execution;
- Ensure that CCB has a proactive, Best in Class AML and Sanctions process executed by our coverage team;
- Responsible to ensure the KYC Operations Utility and AML/Compliance are responsive to CCB's needs in order for CCB to adhere to policies and meet committed goals of timeliness and quality of KYC records;
- Liaise with CCB coverage and IBRC teams to lead global CCB initiatives such as developing client selection guidelines and reviewing high risk client types;
- Liaise with AML and Sanctions monitoring teams to understand trends and strengthen feedback loop processes
- Serve as CCB front office lead in global AML and Sanctions audits, reviews and remediation work;
- Ensure that a comprehensive understanding of AML policies and procedures related to KYC, AML and Sanctions risk exists within CCB, including the requirements for products offered by CCB coverage teams;
- Actively engage with AML/Compliance to review policy interpretations for CCB and ensure KYC Operation Utility is doing same
- Support CCB including interfacing with clients when necessary to explain Citi's overall approach to AML and Sanctions risk
- Proactively develop strategic initiatives to improve AML, KYC and Sanctions processes that impact CCB, including leveraging digital/technology solutions, with a goal to reduce administrative duplication;
- Responsible for communicating policy and regulatory changes to CCB front office staff including impact analysis;
- Ensure that the business is well positioned and staffed to execute against these policies;
- Identify emerging risks and opportunities to stated objectives as they arise;
- Highlight business challenges to CCB Management, KYC Operations Utility and AML/Compliance partners, as appropriate;
- Represent CCB internally at various Governance & AML committees
- Reinforce AML, KYC and Sanctions Awareness program across all levels of CCB to ensure front office staff are trained in the proactive management of AML, KYC and Sanctions risk, policies and procedures.
- Uphold a culture of Compliance and awareness in the CCB.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes and qualifications:
- 10+ years of professional work experience, with a significant component of this within financial services;
- Experience working within AML, KYC and/or In-Business Risk and Controls, and knowledge of AML Policy preferred;
- Strong knowledge of CCB products and processes, and CCB KYC responsibilities, a plus;
- Client management experience preferred;
- Ability to balance regulatory/policy requirements with business realities;
- Experience working in a global, dynamic environment;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to manage deadlines;
- Strong influencing and leadership skills;
- Must have analytical inquisitiveness and problem solving ability;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and 'connect the dots', yet be detail-oriented;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior audiences, as well as second/third lines of defense and regulators;
- Forward-compatible mindset, with the desire to leverage technology to improve analytics;
- Experience with MS Office tools: PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Compliance and ControlJob Family:
Business Control Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting