Small Business Banking Credit Officer will perform underwriting and portfolio management for the Retail Business banking segment. The Originations & Portfolio Team conducts moderate to complex credit and financial analysis and underwriting with focus on Credit Requests and Portfolio Reviews with exposure greater than $1MM and standard loan products while ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and regulations and the achievement of performance and budget targets.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure work performed is in accordance with all policies, procedures and audit standards. Modify procedures and train staff as needed.
- Analyze various industries and have a thorough knowledge of the risks associated with those industries
- Effectively communicate with all bank customers, borrowers, and guarantors. Implement loan structure, terms and conditions with regard to a variety of loan and borrower situations.
- Support colleagues in sales, credit, and loan operations roles with adhering to processing and documentation guidelines for loan requests.
- Prepare detailed written credit memos that summarize results of financial and credit analysis including identification of strengths, prevailing risk factors, and recommendation
- Ensure appropriateness of Risk Ratings and facility Classifications at time of Originations and/or during the Annual Review process
- Ensure data capture associated with approved extensions of credit are accurate.
- Ensure compliance with credit policies and procedures and applicable law and regulatory requirements, and achieve satisfactory ratings from internal and external auditors.
- Support business unit goals by continuous identification of process improvements and efficiencies that reduce costs and improve customer service levels.
- Build a solid understanding of Citibank products and services both within Retail Business Banking.
- Coordinate with bankers on customer calls and site visits, when appropriate.
- Project participation as needed.
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years working in a financial institution performing commercial credit analysis in an underwriting and/or portfolio management role
- Expertise in underwriting business working capital lines, term loans and real estate transactions with Small Business Administration (SBA) and Healthcare experience also preferred, but not required
- Prior experience working in a regulatory and compliance policy environment
Job Family Group:
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to read and assess individual and company financial statements, cash flow, industry and competitive analysis and projections
- Demonstrated knowledge of intermediate accounting theory and its practical application in the credit underwriting process
- Strong ability to assess risks and make decisions using sound judgment
- Excellent organizational skills, strong multi-tasking capabilities, attention to detail, and the ability to complete assignments within required deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong inter-personal and written / verbal communication skills
- Strong problem recognition and resolution skills
- Ability to evaluate, negotiate structure and/or monitor extensions of credit.
- Pro-active disposition with ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficient in various spreadsheet and word processing applications (Excel and Word), PowerPoint, and financial analysis software
Risk ManagementJob Family:
Credit & Portfolio Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting