The Institutional Clients Group (ICG) Operations and Technology Organizational Program Management Office (OPMO), has visibility into the full book of work across ICG O&T. The ICG O&T book of work has more 5,000+ programs and projects that are executed on an annual basis driving Citi's Mission to Be the Best for Our Clients. The OPMO works across all the ICG O&T lines of business to ensure the book of work is executed in an efficient, effective, and controlled manner. The team is responsible for a wide range of activities including but not limited to Governance, Program Management & Oversight, PM related Training and Reporting - all done in partnership with the ICG O&T lines of business. The ICG O&T OPMO has an opening for a Program Management Analyst. The candidate will be part of the Health Check function within the ICG O&T OPMO.
The Health Check is a PMO best practice developed by ICG O&T. It is a proactive control process and a critical service of the OPMO that is provided to ICG O&T's most critical strategic and safety and soundness programs. The purpose of the Health Check is to have an independent assessment of how well active program and project work efforts are performing. The candidate will be responsible for executing the Health Check program reviews, identifying and tracking opportunities for improvement resulting from the Health Check, issuing a Health Check Report that proactively and impartially illustrates the well-being of the program, discussing results with the PM and offering guidance as needed, and monitoring all required remediation actions through completion. The role will partner heavily with Program and Project Managers across all levels of management as well as with the larger OPMO team and senior management. The role also brings opportunities to work on special projects and process improvements across the OPMO. The role will also require knowledge of Program and Project Management fundamentals and understanding of the SDLC and technology methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
This position provides a platform for continued development and visibility across a global organization as well as exposure to management and other functions. Key Responsibilities:
- Perform independent Health Check Assessments of ICG Technology & Operations Programs, to meet Annual PMO Health Check Assessment/Review Targets.
- Execute the Health Check process against established criteria and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Analyze Health Check criteria element data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and identify trends/patterns in order to properly assess the well-being of ICG Technology & Operations programs.
- Create Health Check Reports that proactively and impartially illustrates the well-being of programs.
- Monitor all required remediation actions for ICG Technology & Operations programs through completion.
- Assist with Health Check Program & Project Tracker updates and Health Check Analysis Template changes/enhancements (including design, code changes & testing).
- Help with Health Check Scoping Process (including maintenance & updates to Scoping Database, Macros and Queries).
- Support Health Check Metrics generation & results communication (including maintenance & update of Health Check Metrics Macros & Pivot tables).
- Take an active role in the continuous improvement of the ICG O&T Health Check processes and assist with design & implementation of process efficiencies & automations within the Health Check function.
- Support the transition of Health Check processes to Reviews@Citi platform (including requirements Analysis/documentation, solution design & testing).
- Assist with PTS 2.0 changes for the Health Check review function.
- Support other ICG O&T OPMO functions and special projects (as needed), including support of PQA/Spot Check Reviews on Monthly/Quarterly basis.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the ICG O&T Program and Project Management Procedure as well other PM guidelines.
- Drive PM adherence to standards, guidelines and project management best practices.
- Actively engage and maintain robust collaboration with Program and Project Managers across multiple lines of business and support them with any ad hoc PM related queries.
- Interface with the broader ICG O&T OPMO team on PM Framework topics.
- Support any PMO audit or regulatory queries, as needed.
Additional skill set:
- 5+ years of work experience in PM/PMO role (or similar) with proven success in project execution.
- Good understanding of Project Management Concepts with knowledge of Waterfall and Agile technology methodologies.
- Ability to analyze data and grasp issues, draw conclusions, and identify trends.
- Attention to detail to ensure precision of data and overall quality of outputs.
- Strong communication, written, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective, mutually beneficial relationships with members of the ICG O&T Program and Project Management community.
- Ability to support multiple work streams, work under tight deadlines and shift from one task to another on short notice as priorities change.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Plan, and SharePoint.
- Prefer strong skills working with MS Excel PivotTables and Macros
- Prefer strong skills working with MS Access Databases & Queries.
- Prefer knowledge of Business Intelligence and Analytics, Data Science, and DB Architecture.
- Prefer knowledge of one or more following applications: (Knime, Qlik, Visual Studio, Power BI, Tableau, MS SQL, Oracle)
- Prefer knowledge of one or more following coding languages: (VBA, SQL, Jscript, Java, ASP.Net)
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules; project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Interfaces with senior project staff and client senior management teams regarding status of projects.
- Recommends and oversees process improvements.
- Has considerable business impact through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes and industry standards.
- Provides expertise in area and an advanced level of understanding of the principles of IT project leadership.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of how own area and others (i.e., architecture or infrastructure) collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
- Directly impacts the business by influencing strategic functional decisions through advice, counsel or provided services.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Master's degree
Project and Program ManagementJob Family:
Program Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting