The new role is to lead the design and ongoing enhancement of the Risk-wide governance (policies, standards, procedures, guidelines; roles and responsibilities for the 1st and 2nd line) frameworks for the Risk Reporting and Data Analysis (RRDA) and Information Technology Program Delivery (IT PDO) areas. The RRDA and IT PDO areas are executed out of the Finance CRO organization on behalf of all functions within Risk and is subject to significant regulatory requirements.
Organizes and leads analysis of regulatory requirements under BCBS 239 international guidance and multiple specific from FRB, OCC and international regulations, and development and implementation of policies, standards, procedures and guidelines for the RRDA and IT PDO areas within the Finance CRO organization. Key Responsibilities:
Key Requirements and Qualifications:
- Organize and lead analysis of regulatory requirements and development of corresponding frameworks for the RRDA and IT PDO areas with the Finance CRO organization . The related activities include:
- comprehensive identification and line-by-line analysis of relevant regulatory requirements
- development and maintenance of policies and supporting frameworks including standards, procedures, guidelines and templates
- socialization, formal reviews and approvals of the policies and standards in adherence to the firm wide Policy Governance Policy
- communication, implementation, training, change management and maintenance for the policies and frameworks
- presentation and interpretation of the policy requirements to the RRDA and IT PDO teams within Finance CRO and the overall Independent Risk Management organization and external stakeholders including lines of business, legal entities, regulators, external and internal audit
- collaboration with the internal control and assurance functions to develop and implement comprehensive and robust risk control and assurance (management self-assessment) practices
- Oversee the policy contribution to the enterprise risk governance frameworks and regulatory remediation in coordination with governance bodies within the first line and independent risk management units
- Management responsibility for the team of 6 (SVP-VP-AVP levels), including hiring team members with relevant skillsets, management of people, staffing assessment and planning, performance evaluation and compensation.
- 12+ years of experience including significant exposure to analytical methodologies and modeling frameworks for risk measurement of market risk, wholesale and/or retail credit risk, and/or liquidity risk and establishment of risk and control processes in top-tier global financial institutions. Hands-on experience with regulatory compliant enterprise policy, standards and procedures development and driving their implementation
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements for risks and controls including risk governance, risk measurement, monitoring and reporting, and independent review and challenge
- Excellent written and verbal executive level communication skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and policy interpretations through concise and clear messaging to regulators, audit and senior management
- Highly motivated with attention to detail, team oriented, organized, pro-active
- Ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
Job Family Group:
- Advanced degree (Masters) in business administration, economics or finance a plus
Risk ManagementJob Family:
Regulatory Risk Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting