The South Asia Operations & Technology (O&T) Head is responsible for leading and executing the O&T strategy across all businesses in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. This includes Technology Infrastructure, Enterprise services and driving multiple franchise-wide initiatives focused on digitalization, productivity and right placement, while maintaining a strong control environment. Additionally, this role provides oversight to the India CSCs, responsible for the overall governance, in alignment with globally consistent Citi practices.
South Asia O&T supports 35 branches located across 22 cities with 2000+ employees, with an annual expense base is $300MM. The role supports USD 2.2 MM Trade transactions and USD 290 MM Cash transactions annually. Citibank has been ranked as the 'Number 1 Custodian' in India with a total AUC of $240 billion. The role provides oversight to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka markets, however the day to day operations are led by the respective O&T Heads for these markets.
Citi Solutions Center (CSC) network spans across five sites in India with an extended workforce of ~18,000 employees, providing global coverage with 24/7 services and an annual billing over USD 600 MM. The services portfolio includes Operations (GCB, TTS, SS&I, CPB, RMO), Technology (ICG Tech, GCT, GFT, and CTI), Shared Services (FRSS, AP, and GIAM), Global Functions (FP&A, Compliance, Audit, Legal) and Analytics and Information Management, amongst other services. Each of these sites has a site head and infrastructure to support day to day operations. This role is responsible for providing broader leadership and governance to the various sites and will be supported by the CSC Governance Head.
The job requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of various systems and practices relevant to the function as well as practical experience of multiple business cycles. In-depth knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products and services is necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding. Excellent communication skills required in order to influence a wide range of audiences. The job involves in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the area managed, and possibly on other related areas and organization as a whole. Develops medium- to long-term plans and executes functional strategies for business requiring coordination and integration across units. Provides input into strategic decisions to business. Full management responsibility of multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning. Has authority to negotiate and make independent decisions on issues/activities that have critical impact or influence on company revenues, capital / business operations. The role sits on the India Management Committee/ Country Coordination Committee and is part of the regional O&T leadership team. The position reports into the India CCO and Asia Pacific O&T Head. Responsibilities:
- Prioritizing technology support for the franchise, and maintaining a strong focus on the delivery of high quality customer services through O&T processes and platforms.
- Take a leadership role in exploring and developing key themes within O&T such as re-engineering through LEAN, simplification, digitization, straight-through processing and outsourcing, leveraging organizational resources within and outside O&T to drive and implement these initiatives. Partner and collaborate with products and functions to identify opportunities to completely digitize processes and shut off analog. Addressing key franchise-wide risks in the space of outsourcing, continuity of business and non-employees, by focusing on right-placement and risk mitigation.
- Ensure the organization meets and exceeds financial goals. Work in partnership with regional / global partners, products and functions to identify opportunities to optimize expenses.
- Challenges and actively works to address issues, incidences and outages related to IT, including information management, IT frameworks, data quality, information security, cyber security and data protection for the franchise, with the regional functional heads of these respective functions.
- Foster an environment of proactive escalation and prompt resolution of all O&T issues including the timely closure of relevant Corrective Action Plans.
- Delivery of client-focused initiatives, O&T and shared services deployment.
- Embed control and compliance procedures into every aspect & appropriately assess risk during business decisions
- Demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Adhering to Policy & applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices
- Escalate, manage and report control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create culture of accountability.
- Has technology management accountability across all the products and is the governance point of contact for regulators
- For India CSCs, accountable for establishing an environment (inclusive of Regulatory Compliance, Infrastructure Operations, Internal Governance, Site Standards and Continuity of business) that enables the business areas represented locally to be successful.
- Focus on talent development with priorities around building a strong pipeline, diversity, and leverage the breadth of opportunities to develop future leaders. Nurture Talent mobility between Bank and CSCs.
- Create and drive a culture of inclusion, diversity and meritocracy, with high ethical and leadership standards.
- Lead a diverse management team, focusing on their individual development, and empowering them to build strong relationships with their global, regional and in-country partners.
- Actively champion initiatives, which drive workforce readiness for the future, and enhance manager capability and forward compatibility.
- Ensure compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank's risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Ably respond to regulatory trends with an increased focus on Operational resilience, Cyber Security, Data Privacy, Third Party Risk management, Technological change & Innovation. Effective Data management and Data quality to enhance control environment.
- 15 years of experience in relevant areas is mandatory. He/She should have worked in Banking - IT related areas / projects involving IT Policy and Planning / Financial Networks and Applications / Financial Information Systems / Cyber Security Technologies / Payment Technologies etc., of which five years should be at senior management level.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and experience in managing regulatory expectations in a complex environment.
- Strategic and innovative thinker with demonstrated ability to define strategy and provide direction and support with the skills to switch quickly from strategic to tactical.
- Ability to work effectively in complex and dynamic situations requiring analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills.
- Strong operational risk skills including the perceptiveness to identify early warning signals.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that are supported and accepted by stakeholders.
- Superior people leadership skills, including being able to connect, inspire and motivate large teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build and promote diverse talent within the organization and embed career development pathways for succession planning.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Knowledge of local legal and regulatory requirements strongly preferred.
Job Family Group:
- Engineering Graduate or MCA or equivalent qualification from a recognized University / Institution.
Business Strategy, Management & AdministrationJob Family:
Business Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting