The Regional Cards, Loans & Mortgage Operational Risk & Control Officer will partner closely with the Regional Cards and Mortgage Loans team, Regional & Global functions (including Compliance, Legal, Operational Risk Management, Operations & Technology, etc) as well as Country Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control (CBORC) teams to support the implementation of robust control directives and processes.
A critical function of the role is to provide control advisory and support to the Asia & EMEA Cards and Mortgage business in mitigating operational risks that is inherent to in light of significant changes that are being done to redesign the products and processes to optimize the revenue and enhance the customer experience in a regulatory environment that is constantly changing. The incumbent will also provide subject matter expertise on risk and control, manage global and regional control initiatives and engage in respective controls strategy, governance and framework.
This role is part of the Regional Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control (CBORC) team and reports to the Regional Lead of Controls for Cards, Loans & Mortgage.Key Responsibilities:
- Work with the Regional Cards and Mortgage teams to execute a robust control and governance framework for Asia and EMEA markets. Enhance the focus on controls and governance related to Cards and Mortgage business to ensure that controls are keeping in pace with the evolving business landscape.
- Review with Regional/Country Product and CBORC teams various changes / initiatives to ensure the successful implementation and compliance of new regulatory/Citi policy requirements applicable to Cards and Mortgages.
- Lead or support as appropriate the root cause analysis of material risk events and control breaks across markets, work with country/regional functions and businesses to establish effective feedback loop to augment control management and share lessons learned with the country and region teams.
- Design and deploy data analytics (CAATTs) to monitor ongoing risks across product life cycle.
- Review and drive consistency of remediation efforts across countries.
- Work with Regional counterparts to provide oversight and support in developing effective Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and monitoring parameters to cover end to end product.
- Participate in various governance forums and bring critical control gaps / issues to discussion able and support standardization and automation of key control processes.
- Work closely with country and product teams to provide oversight on the TCF (Treating customers fairly) program.
- Drive critical enhancements to the Manager's Control Assessment (MCA) program through alignment with evolving risks as well as changing business needs and policies, and ensuring the mapping of the Regulatory Control Matrix to the MCA is comprehensive.
- Help drive a strong control culture and ensuring permanent controls readiness through proactive risk management and issue self-identification.
- Provide advisory and support to the Cards and Mortgage team on Internal Audit reviews and regulatory exams.
- Refine and augment the Regional Consumer Control Procedure Manual (RCCPM) to align with business strategy and cater for changes arising from evolving issues, trends and emerging risks.
- Coordinate and perform targeted onsite Peer Reviews in partnership with country and regional Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with the support of local management.
- Participate actively in Global initiatives and work groups representing Asia/EMEA GCB.
- Participate actively and/or lead Regional initiatives and work groups representing Asia/EMEA Controls function.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/Masters degree
- Minimum 10+ years of experience with strong strategic, analytical and product management (Cards, Loans and Mortgage) skills
- Good working knowledge of Asset products.
- Good understanding of various, sales processes, digital and other customer engagement channels
- Strong Stakeholder Management Skills (e.g. written and verbal communication, influencing skills & negotiation)
- Strong interpersonal skills, situational awareness and emotional intelligence
- Ability to work independently, interface and execute with a sense of urgently and to deliver on tasks effectively and efficiently
Compliance and ControlJob Family:
Business Control Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting