Citi's mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. The core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. With 200 years of experience helping, our clients meet the world's toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. Citi is the global bank - an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
Citi Commercial Bank (CCB) is a global line of business at Citigroup that provides commercial banking services to mid-sized companies. CCB aspires to be the global bank of choice for trade-oriented companies, with revenues between $10MM - $1B. CCB wants our clients to see us as trusted thought partners who bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, provide client-centric solutions for long-term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision. The main products and services, that support the Commercial Bank target segment, include lending, Cash Management, Trade, Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate Derivatives and Capital Markets solutions. CCB has operations in 25 countries.
Commercial Lending Management ("CLM") manages the end-to-end commercial lending process for clients of the CCB. Key responsibilities include loan underwriting, credit and financial due diligence, portfolio management, loan structuring and documentation, and credit delivery and servicing. CLM manages approximately $50 billion in credit exposure across 15,000+ credit relationships.
The Loan Data Product Owner is part of the Global CLM office under the Data Quality & Lending Data and is responsible for providing leadership in managing the consistency of business loan data elements from origination through regulatory and other enterprise level reporting. The person holding this role will be responsible for detailed evaluation of data quality, identification of anomalies and discrepancies and the subject matter expertise to understand the root cause and implement corrective measures.
The role requires a solid understanding of the wholesale loans and CCB lending business processes across the loan lifecycle - from Origination to Disbursements. The role requires extensive knowledge of all aspects of Data Governance, including metadata management and implementing and maintaining data quality rules and controls. This role will also engage with other wholesale lines of business and functions to understand linkages and dependencies and liaise with reporting roles to fulfill reporting requirements.Key Responsibilities include:
Critical competencies for ideal candidate:
- Manage consistency of loan data elements and data acquisition across CCB globally
- Perform data integrity checks, report anomalies and work with Technology and other functional teams for issue resolution
- Drive strategic solutions for data quality management, including implementing and maintaining data quality controls and rules in the business originating systems
- Perform root cause analysis from data tracing efforts and recommend solutions and improvements to existing standards/ lending processes
- Articulate and propose changes, tactical and strategic, needed to enhance data quality across the loan lifecycle through enterprise level reporting
- Represent CCB in meetings with key stakeholders from DGO, CDO etc. on strategic solutions to meet CDMP regulatory requirements
- Work in partnership with the lending platform team, risk governance team and process design team to build consistent digital process/ workflow processes for data capture across CCB functions
- Work with multiple business stakeholders to influence and drive change in issue resolution and implementation of data controls to mitigate risk in the lending process
- Serve as the global data quality subject matter expert for functionality, business, and process related expertise for CLM
- Ensure that the organization's activities are carried out in accordance with all regulatory, legal, and governmental regulations
- Collaborate with various internal organizations across the globe to ensure positive customer experiences
- Good knowledge of credit processes and policies in Citi
- Understanding of the principles of Data Management, Data Governance and Data Quality
- Working understanding of credit risks and related controls
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively at all levels and across a variety of businesses
- Consulting ability to determine context, collate relevant facts/data, analyze and coherently articulate the challenge, potential solutions and recommended solution
- Excellent relationship management and consulting skills with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach, resolve conflict, execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Must be future compatible, who keeps informed about emerging financial services ecosystem & products
- A self-starter with ability to independently manage work and drive multiple deliverables concurrently
- Maintains high levels of credibility with key stakeholders within the organization and holds self and others accountable for working in an inclusive way
- Exhibits confidence and agility during change and transition to rally others around a clear purpose/direction, and keep focus during uncertainty
- Open to risk taking by challenging the status quo and actively encouraging others to be bold- rewarding and recognizing both successes and test and learn examples
- Highly skilled communicator with the ability to deeply connect with People: good listener, expresses ideas in a confident, organized and articulate manner and demonstrates advanced influence skills
- Global mindset: ability to work with teams across different functional groups in multiple countries and understanding customer trends through various regions.
- In-depth knowledge of data governance, data quality, change management processes
Job Family Group:
- 10+ years in management within commercial lending functions with increasing levels of responsibility
- Solid knowledge of Citi and CCB risk policy
- Must have strong knowledge of commercial banking products and the competitive landscape of the business
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex data governance issues, policies, regulatory requirement, and industry standards affecting the business environment
- Expert presentation skills, business and technical writing, and verbal communication skills which bring clarity and precision to help management understand and visualize complex material to support organization decision making
- Comprehensive multi market functional knowledge developed through practical experience in defining and delivering re-engineering solutions within a global and diverse financial services environment.
- Have familiarity with working of core banking platforms and internal Citi systems such as CitiRisk, and product processors such as Flex / AFS/Loan IQ, or their functional products/equivalent in the market.
- Successful record in working and managing within matrix organizations across regions is required
- Should have prior experience in leading innovative change within a line of business and at an enterprise level
Decision ManagementJob Family:
Data/Information Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting