- Underwrite requests for credit extensions for new and existing clients, and in the writing of annual reviews with focus on more complex and higher dollar exposure transactions.
- Perform detailed financial analysis on companies, including trend and ratio analysis, and interpret the financial information.
- Perform collateral analysis in order to evaluate collateral performance and changes in trends, as well as to assess repayment capacity based secondary sources of repayment.
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly reviews of existing borrowers in order to track compliance with various loan covenants as outlined in the loan agreement.
- Build a solid understanding of Citibank products and services within Commercial Banking and the broader organization.
- Coordinate with bankers on customer calls and site visits, when appropriate.
- Perform industry and geographical research and other due diligence as needed.
- Be familiar with Citibank credit policies and practices and regulatory policies, to assist unit in achieving compliance with the above and satisfactory ratings from internal and external auditors.
- Provides training for less experienced credit officers and other credit center staff in application processing, credit analysis and loan closing roles.
- Provide backup to the team manager in workflow distribution and monitoring as needed.
- Recommend changes to process to achieve greater efficiency.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting (preferred) - previous experience working in a financial institution with additional experience in a loan officer or underwriting role (credit trained a plus)
- Advanced analytical skills including the ability to read and assess company financial statements, cash flow, industry and competitive analysis and projections.
- Demonstrated knowledge of intermediate accounting theory and its practical application in the credit underwriting process.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem recognition and resolution skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Strong quantitative skills and systems aptitude
- Proficient in various spreadsheet and word processing applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint are preferred), including the use of graphs and charts.
- Fluency in English.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred.
Job Family Group:
- This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Risk ManagementJob Family:
Credit & Portfolio Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting