Citi's Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) group is built on the power of our network. Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), provides integrated cash management and trade finance services to multinational corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations across the globe. With a full range of digital and mobile enabled platforms, tools and analytics, TTS continues to lead the way in delivering innovative and tailored solutions to its clients. TTS offers the industry's most comprehensive suite of treasury and trade solutions including cash management, payments, receivables, liquidity management and investment services, working capital solutions, commercial card programs, trade finance and services.
- TTS counts 80% of Global Fortune 500, over 1,100 public sector entities and thousands of financial institutions amongst its diverse client base
- Doing business In 160 countries and jurisdictions, and transacting in over 140 currencies, TTS processes some USD 4.0 trillion of client payments everyday
- Collaborates with clients to deliver next-generation financial solutions using TTS Innovation Labs.
Cross Border Payments Engineering Manager is a senior level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology Team. The overall objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis and programming activities. Responsibilities:
- Manage teams of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Deliver high quality technical solutions to multiple global stakeholders in a fast paced environment
- Provide strategic influence and exercise control over resources, budget management and planning while monitoring end results
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues
- Integrate in-depth knowledge of applications development with overall technology function to achieve established goals
- Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best-practices
- Ability to formulate and implement a framework for increasing capacity by 10x, throughput and latency.
- Ability to scale existing platforms to process millions of payments and API requests
- Demonstrates understanding of Payments (Cross border and FX preferable)
- A hands on technology leader responsible for implementing enterprise scale solutions
- Influence and negotiate with senior leaders across functions, as well as communicate with external parties as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in applications development
- Experience managing global technology teams
- Experience in architecting low latency, high scalable applications
- Experience in performance engineering and API development
- Experience with private and hybrid cloud is preferable (Kubernetes or Knative)
- Working knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Job Family Group:
- Expert knowledge of Core Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Batch, Hibernate, Spring MVC, RESTful Web services, Workflows
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, databases, O/S.
- Hands on experience in design (HLD/LLD) and design patterns.
- Thorough understanding of server side integration, Restful, Spring MVC, web services, workflows
- Good knowledge of design patterns and providing solutions to complex design issues
- Provide architectural guidance in system design
- Be comfortable introducing new technologies and new ideas as required.
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting