HOME LENDING OFFICER
The Home Lending Officer consults with customers to offer lending solutions that meet their home financing needs and promotes Citi and its financial services.
Consult with customers about their financial situation, financial and personal objectives and lending needs for the purpose of helping them achieve their home ownership goals. This includes collecting and analyzing information about the customer's financial situation, financial and personal objectives, tolerance for risk and change, plans for the future, income, assets, debts, cash flow, and credit history. Analyze financial information for customers to make an initial assessment regarding whether the customer and the property may qualify for a particular lending solution.
Make recommendations to customers about which lending solutions would best meet the customers' financial and personal objectives. Advise customers about the consequences, risks, and benefits of alternative lending solutions.
Promote Citi's brand, and promote Citi as the provider for lending and other financial solutions. This includes promoting Citi and its financial services to real estate agencies, builders, other referral sources, and customers.
Visit customers outside of Citi's offices, with such visits to vary from HLO to HLO based on clientele, geography, market conditions, and other factors. Work as a team with other Financial Center personnel. Refer customers who seek financial services other than lending solutions to the appropriate Citi professionals. Partner with Operations teams to ensure the seamless transfer of the loan application in order to provide documents to the Processors and acquire any additional information needed by the Processors and/or Underwriters. Work with Processors/Closers and customers to ensure the timely closing of the customer's loan. Go outside to key referral relationships (Realtors, CPA's, Builders, etc). to drive mortgage business into the bank.
**NOTE** The information listed within this description summary is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities, and/or minimum qualifications required of an employee assigned to this position.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Two plus years of proven product sales capability is required (success in a commissioned environment preferred)
• FHA/VA & conventional loan experience is desired. Banking experience preferred
• Expert knowledge of Citi's lending products and services and pricing alternatives
• The ability to comprehend and explain financial calculations and pricing alternatives
• The ability to communicate with customers about the proper documents and information needed to obtain a particular loan
• Knowledge of the laws and regulations that govern consumer lending, including fair lending, privacy, and RESPA
• Self-starter who can work independently to work with existing partnerships and branches
• Ability to work as part of a team to grow the assigned branch/branches or community organization
• Strong relationship development and management skills
• Knowledge of the local communities is preferred
• Superior customer service skills. Proven ability to source new business from external Centers of Influence, eg: Realtors, Builders, CPAs, etc.
This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities. As part of this registration process, you must be fingerprinted unless you have fingerprints are on file with NMLS Registry that are less than 3 years old. This position further requires that you maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and provide your unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and Citi policies and procedures.
Job Family Group:
Consumer Product Sales
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
|Employer||Home Lending Officer|