A key aspect of IA Operations' responsibilities is the departmental planning process that establishes, maintains, refreshes and reports on the status of IA's audit assurance plan. The Global Planning Senior Analyst will support the provision of regularly-scheduled and ad-hoc data analytics and reporting to help drive IA's approach in formulating its assurance activities with a focus on key risk areas, and identifying efficiency opportunities within the plan.
This analytical role is part of the Global MI Planning team, and will support the MI needs of the Internal Audit (IA) organization, the Board and Senior Executives. Using their in-depth technical abilities, the role holder will develop expert knowledge about Citi IA and its methodology, establishing close working links within the audit function, to ensure strong contact points for the co-ordination of MI activities, as well as building a knowledge base of the local environment to better drive insightful reporting of Internal Audit's assurance plan and overall operational activity.
Among other deliverables, this role will focus on the production of daily, weekly and monthly analysis - as needed - to support departmental planning processes, and baseline MI production in support of tracking operational execution of IA's assurance plan. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain good working knowledge of IA's methodology, especially as it relates to audit execution, issue validation and other assurance activities; IA's Audit Universe and requirements for coverage of its entities; and IA's systems in place to support the audit workflow.
- Partner with other Global Planning Team members to develop and maintain close links with supported IA Product/Function in managing their MI needs, insight-driven reporting commitments, operational MI reporting, and ad-hoc reporting
- Support the provision of plan-related information throughout the planning process, including but not limited to analysis of proposed assurance hours, auditable entity coverage, and exception reports identifying areas for remediation.
- Support engagement with control functions including Quality Assurance Directors to ensure data is leveraged across the Group to ensure a higher level of intelligence
- Interact with production- and internally-developed applications/tools to verify information and data quality.
- Act as a strong advocate for data quality across all IA MI data, promoting accuracy, completeness and consistency among users who interact with IA data in source systems.
- Work with Plan Team members to ensure that at the conclusion of each planning process, information is made available to stakeholders to support their reporting needs, e.g. County, Legal Entity, Region, Business Unit, Product and Function-level reporting.
- Ensure that operational information related to plan execution is provided timely to key stakeholders; review Operational MI to ensure output and metrics are consistent with expected progression/development.
- Monitor changes in IA Product/Function's organization (e.g. management appointments, regional re-orgs, etc.) and ensure that plan tracking and Operational MI is updated accordingly
- Assist in the preparation of accurate and concise Audit Committee reporting
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives audit performance
- Ability to understand audit operations as a whole and translate questions into effective analysis based on the goals behind the specific asks.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Support scorecard reporting for the Citigroup Chief Auditor and EMT, in relation to IA's key performance metrics, as well as any other reporting to which planning data is an input.
- Work with Planning Team members to perform day-to-day updates/enhancements to the MI SharePoint site related to Planning and Operational MI.
- Support IA initiatives as it relates to Planning and Operational MI, e.g. support development of a BI dashboard for Operational MI through provision of requirements.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of report content/format and planning processes (including the collection, review, aggregation and dissemination of data), to generate efficiencies and address relevant requirements.
- Provide ad-hoc data analytics/reports for both internal (e.g., Citi/Product/Function Chief Auditors, Chief Operating Officer) and external stakeholders (e.g., examiners, regulators).
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience, including 2-5 years prior experience in a similar role to this.
- Education/experience in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, etc. is a plus.
- Strong understanding of - and experience providing - timely, high-quality, insightful data analytics and reporting under tight deadlines and among multiple competing deliverables, with flexibility to prioritize workload accordingly.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a proven ability to operate in a manually intensive data environment, extracting large volumes of data from disparate sources, cleansing and validating it, and transforming it into high quality, insightful and succinct observations that includes focused analysis, trending, and strong summarization of results.
- Strong coordination and project management skills; must be able to define business requirements and create robust technical and process documentation to support activities
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access, VBA, high proficiency across the MS Office suite (incl. PowerPoint)
- Ability to analyze complex data structures and legacy SQL code with minimal direction, including development and modification of queries, stored procedures and user defined functions.
- Proficient in SharePoint (development/creation of lists, document libraries, etc.). Experience developing custom code in SharePoint Designer is a plus.
- Business Intelligence development experience using either MicroStrategy or QlikView is a plus
- Demonstrable ability to take initiative and operate as a dynamic change agent, identifying opportunities to implement efficiencies in current processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to collaborate across different functions and time zones on any of the MI team's outputs; must be able to define business requirements and create robust technical and process documentation to support activities
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Decision ManagementJob Family:
Business Analysis Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting