The Senior Audit Manager is a senior level management position responsible for managing a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective of this role is to develop and execute a robust Audit Plan relating to project management governance and execution across Citi, and direct complex audit activities for a component of the business at a regional or country level as defined by the project scope. Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Internal Audit professionals, recruit staff, lead professional development, build effective teams and manage a budget
- Deliver audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and business monitoring and governance committee reports
- Lead reviews for all types of reviews, including the most complex, and review and approve Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries
- Participate in major business initiatives and pro-actively advise and assist the business on change initiatives
- Implement integrated auditing concepts and technology, and follow trends in the Audit field and adapt them for the Audit function
- Identify solutions for a variety of complex and unique control issues, utilizing complex judgement and sophisticated analytical thought
- Analyze report findings, and recommend interventions where needed, proposing creative and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues
- Partner with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience in a related role in Program Management or Program Management Audit.
- Related certifications (PMP; SCM; Prince, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Demonstrated successful experience in business, functional and people management
- Proven ability to execute concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables according to strict timetables
- Demonstrated ability to implement continuous improvement and innovation in audit tools and techniques
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Effective negotiation skills
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Internal AuditJob Family:
Audit Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting