The Wealth Advisor SAFE Act is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and workflow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual. Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with new clients with the goal of bringing in new bank and brokerage assets.
- Deepen relationships with existing clients in PWM and Retail bank through the use of financial planning and excellent discovery and profiling skills
- Respond to referrals and introductions generated through business partners and recommend the best offering to clients based on client profiling and suitability assessments
- Make securities recommendations and provide investment advice to clients through a select number of solutions using firm models & research.
- Master referral opportunities to grow portfolio.
- Refer opportunities to segment partners where appropriate (including, but not limited to Senior Wealth Advisor, Small Business Partners, Home Lending Officer, etc.)
- Acquire new clients through converting referral leads.
- Manage client follow-up and adhere to all Regulatory and Compliance operating procedures
- Ensure that KYC/AML and other compliance norms are strictly adhered to
- Partner with all roles on branch team to ensure all clients have a positive in-branch experience
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Experience in a proactive, successful sales and service role in the financial services industry
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word) and experience in financial planning software preferred
- Basic understanding of investment and financial planning strategies preferred
- Must be a self-starter, problem solver and a goal-oriented team player able to work without direction
- Securities Industry Essentials - SIE - Active Series 7, 66 (or 63 and 65) licenses
- Group 1 insurance
- This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before referring interested clients to Citibank for their mortgage needs, to maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and Citi policies and procedures.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Private Client CoverageJob Family:
Financial Planning Services Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting