Job DetailsThe Citi Risk Policy Group oversees the development of firm wide Risk Policies and Standards and for the Wholesale and Retail businesses, and manages Risk Policy related regulatory exams and internal audits. Its key function is to establish Risk Policy and Policy Governance Standards and manage key Policy Controls for Citi Risk. The group works in close collaboration with subject matter experts in Risk Management for each of Citi's Businesses, Credit Coverage, Capital, Ratings Analytics, and Risk Governance as well as of departments within the organization.
The successful candidate filling this role as a dedicated Retail Consumer Risk Policy Group Manager is responsible for two primary areas of Governance Committee and Policy Governance responsibilities for the Global Consumer Bank (GCB), with $260B in Credit Cards, Personal Installment Loans and Mortgage consumer loans.
The role requires frequent interaction with GCB Leadership, the Global Policy Office (GPO) and Senior Risk Management leaders at Global, Regional and Country levels in risk management. The complexity and importance of these responsibilities requires an individual who possesses strong thought leadership, analytic and influence management skills, a proficiency for writing, is results-driven and has strong interpersonal, organization, and communication skills. The incumbent will play a critical role in ensuring we comply with Committee and Policy Governance Policies, and clearly state and deliver all internal policies and regulatory requirements. The position reports to the Retail Credit Senior Group Manager in the Global Risk Policy Office.Key Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to manage Governance Committees for key Risk committees and councils, including GCB Risk Committee and other critical targeted Policy Governance Committees, to ensure critical dialogue and alignment with GCB and Risk leadership and compliance with Citi Governance Committee Policies and Standards.
- The successful candidate will also drive required changes to Credit Policies for Global Consumer Bank Risk Management in coordination with the Global Consumer Risk Management Group.
Qualifications: Knowledge / Experience:
- Coordinate Governance Committees for GCB Risk Management, including the GCB Risk Management Committee and select targeted Policy Governance Forums to ensure compliance with Governance Committee Policy requirements.
- Prepare agendas and coach presenters on required meeting materials and approach to presenting and/or leading discussions with Committees and Forums.
- Disseminate updates and coordinate changes to enable Regional and Business level Consumer In-business Risk Management teams in GCB to comply with Committee governance requirements.
- Partner with key stakeholders to evaluate and develop Consumer Risk Management Credit Policies (including Standards and Procedures) to address outstanding needs and issues (if known).
- Coordinate and review proposed changes and any gaps in Consumer Credit Policies for the GCB to align to Citi Firm Wide Risk Policies.
- Synthesize and prepare final recommendations for changes to policies with In-business Risk teams and Global Consumer Risk Management (GCRM) in Independent Risk.
- Drive completion of final reviews for approval following required Global Consumer Risk Management (GCRM) and GPO approval processes, and ensure operational readiness to execute changes prior to publication.
- Capture and track GCB Risk policy changes, both pending and planned.
- Perform key Policy Control requirements as required and Conduct Special Projects and ad hoc analysis as required.
- Ideal candidates will have 8+ years of Risk Management experience in Consumer Lending at a senior level.
- Prior experience coordinating governance committees preferred.
- Credit Risk experience across the full credit life cycle: acquisition, portfolio, loss forecasting, loan loss reserve, collection strategy, and fraud.
- Experience in policy development, strategy development, testing and execution and fully conversant in credit policy matters.
- Clear understanding of comprehensive risk assessments in Global Consumer Risk - ie Portfolio Classifications, new Product launches, Policy Exceptions and required Credit Authorities including delegation authority.
- Awareness of credit policies requiring oversight of credit risk activities across the full customer life cycle including Risk Appetite statements, credit and collection strategies, testing activities, benchmarking, integration of credit decisioning models in credit operating systems & loss forecasting methodologies.
- Experience conducting portfolio reviews, peer reviews, portfolio audits, and/or regulatory interactions.
- Skilled at analyzing root causes of problems and anticipating emerging issues
- Strong analytic skills, ability to work well under pressure and with exceedingly short deadlines and little supervision or direction - must be self-motivated and eager to engage
- Experience developing and delivering Risk Management presentations to senior leadership
- Advanced writing capabilities
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Strong soft skills - Build and maintain relationships, influence and persuade.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills.
- Methodical and proactive thinker with strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management (executive presence).
- Strong work ethic and discretion.
- Professionalism & integrity.
- Ability to think and make decisions in high risk scenarios, appropriately assessing a situation based on available data, experience, intuition, and judgment.
- Ability to digest and synthesize disparate data and prioritize and drive results.
- Problem solving, negotiation/influence and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
- Effective communication with senior management across Citigroup.
- Ability to manage projects with minimal guidance.
- Proven time and task management skills with the ability to multi-task effectively and promptly.
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data management/mining.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
- Undergraduate degree preferred in business, economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, operations research, engineering or similar quantitative fields.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Risk ManagementJob Family:
Risk Policy Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting