- The Compliance AML Lead Analyst is a senior-level position responsible for leading Anti-Money Laundering (AML) monitoring, governance, oversight and regulatory reporting activities in coordination with the Compliance and Control team. The overall objective of this role is to lead in the development and management of a dedicated internal AML program at Citi.
- This role will report to the NA Cards AML Governance & Control Head with responsibility for ensuring all processes executed in support of NA Cards AML, regardless of function, have appropriate controls and monitoring in place to evidence compliance with applicable regulations such as Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, as well as applicable Citi Policies.
- The individual selected for this role will have responsibility for acting as a single process SME on the end-to-end AML Detection and Reporting processes and governing policies in order to effectively drive proactive risk identification, policy impact/adherence assessments, control monitoring, and risk mitigation on a consistent basis across NA Cards businesses and functions supporting any US Cards Transaction Monitoring, Regulatory Reporting, or resulting accounts restrictions or closures.
- Identify control gaps, process inefficiencies, technology opportunities, and coordinate with key stakeholders to develop solutions
- Interpret and understand governing policies to ensure processes are adherent
- Identify trends, themes, tendencies that indicate risks and facilitate deep dives in to any significant current or emerging risk areas
- Proactively analyze various data sources to form an independent assessment/opinion of inherent risk and probe to understand the associated controls and residual risk
- Proactively identify significant risks in the processes and develop specific recommendations for execution functions to action
- Develop strong working relationship with cross-functional partners and illustrate strong policy, process and control knowledge to establish self as a valued and respected partner
- Assist the NA Cards AML Governance & Control Head lead/present relevant material as necessary at senior level governance forums such as Business Risk Reviews and Business Risk Compliance and Control (BRCC) Committees as well as for meetings with stakeholders such as Regulators, 2nd and 3rd Line of Defense and senior management
- Assist in preparing deliverables for audits and regulatory reviews
- Independently act as single point of contact and coordination for the US Cards business during audits and regulatory reviews of the AML & Sanctions program
- Support the NA Cards AML Program Oversight Entity by maintaining control activities including Records Management, Continuity of Business, End-User Computing assessments and tracking, Key Risk Indicator tracking & reporting, iCAPS Issue tracking, and MCA maintenance
Job Family Group:
- 7+ years' experience with one of the following areas: Production Support, Risk Management, Operational Risk, Project Management, or Audit/Control function
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience.
- Ability to break down complex processes into core activities and identify control gap root causes so they can be more readily addressed.
- Strong knowledge of US Cards Products, Platforms, User Interfaces, and Support structure
- Experience with Citi Risk and Controls and the Managers Control Framework is a plus.
- Experience communicating effectively, orally and in writing, with various levels within the organization.
- Experience working on team projects in a collaborative environment to deliver on regulatory commitments and organizational mission.
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across functions and Lines of Defense to clearly communicate information and actions needed by peers and stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Effective team player and contributor in dynamic and shifting teams as well as virtual teams.
- Self-starter with proven ability to plan and work independently to excel in a fast paced environment with large workloads and tight deadlines.
- Ability to re-prioritize work as the immediate needs of the business change.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
Compliance and ControlJob Family:
Business KYC Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting