The Citi Container Engineering organization is responsible for building and operating various Kubernetes platforms (OpenShift). You will be part of a team building a seamless experience that allows our developers to develop on any platform without worrying about the underlying infrastructure or its integrations. We are trying to build a self-service, secure, and multi-cloud platform to quickly allow our developer to code, test, and deploy to Production. You have an opportunity to work hands-on with industry leading tools and platforms making an impact to how Citi enables our developers.
As a Senior Engineer, on the DevRel Team, you need hands-on experience working on the following items:
Job Overview :
- Supervise the work of the DevRel team to drive consistent, high-quality engagement with the technical communities we need to reach, and help them continuously learn and improve
- Develop working technical (code and documentation) examples of how to solve dev and DevOps problems with Kubernetes and IaaS
- Collect feedback from the community and relay back to engineering
- Work collaboratively on new emerging platforms including serverless, edge computing, and low latency trading.
- Actively contribute to inner-sourced projected and create a cross-collaborative environment between developers and infra engineering teams.
- Connect with community members to encourage activity - project contributions, user stories, support questions & answers meetups, etc.
- The ideal candidate will also have prior experience developing applications on either of the three major cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Design, build, manage and operate the infrastructure and configuration of SaaS applications with a focus on automation and infrastructure as code.
- Design, build, manage and operate the infrastructure as a service layer (hosted and cloud-based platforms) that supports the different platform services.
- Develop comprehensive monitoring solutions to provide full visibility to the different platform components using tools and services like Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Datadog
- Create enterprise solutions with partners that deliver high-value business outcomes
- Architect solutions for high performance, scalability, fault tolerance, security and cost-effectiveness Implement infrastructure as code with Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Work within the organization to implement Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) program Plan, integrate, administer, and support on-prem and multiple cloud-based platforms Work with bare metal infrastructure by combining automation and Kubernetes to provide flexible compute resources
- Work on troubleshooting and resolving complex problems. OS upgrades, performing application setup and integration, diagnosing issues with applications running on servers or in microservices,
- Implement unit and functional tests using mock frameworks to deliver high quality software products
- Intense eagerness to learn, ready to dive deep into complex problems
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to bring into the platform
- Experience in modern software paradigms including cloud applications and serverless architectures
- A deep understanding of CI/CD tools, processes and a strong desire to help teams release frequently to production with a focus on creating reliable high quality results.
- Solid knowledge of Linux operating system internals, file system structures, machine architectures and networking
- Experience in languages such as Go, Python, C, C++, and scripting
- Expert knowledge of various technologies for authentication, networking, compute, storage, security, logging, API, management, Terraform/CloudFormation, etc
- Automation experience with Ansible; Tower and Puppet are a plus.
- Ability to create scripts and modules using shell or Python/Perl/Ruby. REST API, Python, YAML, JSON
- 4+ years of experience with various Kubernetes platforms (OpenShift, EKS, AKS, GKE)
- 4+ years of experience with scripting and orchestration including Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- 4+ years of experience with Go, C, or C++; proficiency in multiple languages like Python, Java, or Ruby; ability to read the code
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Systems & Engineering Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting