Citi's Global Consumer Bank, Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control (CBORC) organization drives consistency for addressing Operational Risk and Control issues within the Global Consumer Business (GCB). CBORC fosters a culture of control, customer centricity and accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and mitigate regulatory, reputational and operational risks. This position will be part of the Global Consumer Bank Operations & Fraud Prevention CBORC organization.
The Global Consumer Bank Operations & Fraud Prevention (GCB OFP) CBORC North America Monitoring Utility Lead will report directly to the Head of GCB OFP CBORC and be a key contributor to the Operational Risk governance and practices of GCB Operations & Fraud Prevention, with specific focus on efficient and effective execution of risk control monitoring across North America operational units.
The Operational Risk Sr Group Mgr manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how effective risk control monitoring and risk mitigation contributes to achieving organizational objectives is imperative. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities.
A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also valuable in order to contribute to the objectives of the business. The position also requires a thorough understanding of strategic direction of the Consumer Bank combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both Compliance and Operational risk stripes.Key Responsibilities
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Identifies risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Works with colleagues in other areas of Risk Management, Finance, Compliance/Control and the Businesses to assure appropriate management of Operational Risk processes:
- Facilitates accurate and appropriate reporting of operational risks to senior management
- Ensure there is a strong and effective escalation culture
- Take actions as required to implement corrective action plans, ensuring consistency in reporting and data integrity.
- Ensure transparent and thorough reporting to identify, mitigate, monitor and measure risk in all categories.
- Collaborate across regions, businesses and functions to improve the identification, quantification, measurement, management, reporting and controls in governance, risk management and internal control environments.
- Leverage available tools and processes to support process owners in the design and development of effective controls and monitoring methods, with a focus on automation and efficiency
- 15+ years' experience, including multiple years of leading large operational teams
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding operational risk management policy requirements
- General understanding of relevant banking regulation and supervisory expectations for large complex financial institutions
- Track record of managing internal relationships and demonstrated experience in leading sustained change and change management efforts
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in driving positive and sustained change
- Ability to create and articulate sense of purpose and common vision for GCB
- Understand how your work contributes to other work across Citi / understand downstream impacts of decisions made
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance and strengthen infrastructure and controls in a way that drives value, enables the build of better product and services and balances risks and returns/growth
- Partner across the business in a way that demonstrates collective obligation on managing risk through appropriate controls
- Process re-engineering and improvement mind-set with ability to identify and solve for root cause rather than symptoms; address problem solving and opportunities in a holistic way/break down organization silos
- Continuously seek out opportunities to improve; learn from mistakes
- Empower the organization and employees to execute without oversight
- Seek out diverse perspectives and skill sets recognizing that the power of Citi is the sum of its parts
- Constructively challenge others at all levels and across boundaries to deliver better results; invite challenge
- Fully commit to decisions once made
- Be comfortable communicating reality - both positive and negative - honestly, openly and directly
- Work across teams and boundaries, regardless of titles and roles, to deliver the full value of Citi to clients
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred and managerial experience
Risk ManagementJob Family:
Operational Risk Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting