Citi's US Consumer Business includes Branded Cards, Retail Bank & Mortgage and Citi Retail Services. Our products and services cover a wide range of client banking needs including credit cards, basic banking, mortgages, lending, payments and investment advisory services, to individual consumers and small businesses.
To deliver on Citi's mission, " provide financial services that enable growth and economic progress ", we must operate as a truly client-centric organization, driving a high tech, high touch experience for the full Citi relationship, particularly in the U.S. To do so, we have aligned our structure with our strategy, to ensure we win in the U.S., our largest market, and drive greater client-centricity across product, segment and geography.
Citi established its Citi Data Management Policy and Standard (CDMP) to govern and manage data in compliance with regulatory expectations. It sets forth the minimum requirements for the implementation of a consistent and controlled approach to create and use data as a critical corporate asset. The Policy also establishes a Governance Model for Data Management, Governance and Quality across Citi. All Citi employees, contractors, and personnel with responsibility for the ownership, production, and consumption of data must manage data in accordance with the CDMP. This position is in the US Consumer Bank, supporting its data governance related functions as outlined in the CDMP and managed by the US Consumer Analytics (USCA) team.
- Understands all aspects of Data Governance including but not limited to Data Lineage, Metadata, Data Quality, Data Remediation and Issue Management.
- Manage the execution of data stewardship initiatives providing direction for Data Governance and Value Generating activities. Managing includes project planning, prioritizing requirements and activities, seeking diverse points of view for optimal solutions, understanding, resolving or escalating issues and concerns and influencing team members to deliver on time and within budget.
- Understand the business and business processes to provide insights into critical data elements, their governance and management and consistent usage, to maximize the trustworthiness in the data in for reporting, analytics, controls, risk management, etc.
- Drive exploratory data analysis and provide results to Business Partners to drive Value Generating activities including but not limited to growing revenue, managing risks and enhancing controls.
- Create or support creation or enhancement efforts of metadata repositories, data dictionaries, data lineage, Business Process Maps, training materials, change management documentation and related data governance procedures.
- Work with business stakeholders to validate, create and run data quality rules for all governed data elements within their data areas.
- Determine and monitor data quality metrics, and identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Communicate data decisions and ensure business users understand impacts of such decisions to their lines of business.
- Conduct root-cause analysis for data defects, and support and promote its resolution.
- Identify PII and set up a security framework for their data domains.
- Continuously identifies or supports opportunities to streamline and simplify the execution of the Citi Data Management Policy.
- Subject Matter Expert on CDMP, Metadata Standards and Metadata Management Process and Data Quality and knowledgeable with Issue Management & Resolution (IMR), End User Computing (EUC), and other data-related Citi policies and standards.
Education & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master's degree is preferred, but not required.
- At least 5-10 years of combined experience in banking and financial services industry and data governance Experience includes managing / leading data and data quality initiatives, aligning business processes with data, implementing technology solutions, developing or supporting standards / policies and data-related issue management and remediation efforts.
- Experience with data management processes and tools and applications, including process mapping and lineage toolsets (e.g. Collibra)
- Working knowledge of structured/unstructured databases, data modeling, data management, SQL, Agile methodology and data governance tools.
Other Skills / Experience
- Supported initiatives within a line of business and across the enterprise.
- Demonstrated relationship management and advisory skills with sponsors, key stakeholders, partners and team members.
- Good presentation skills, business and technical writing, and verbal communication skills to support decision-making and actions.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex data governance issues, policies, regulatory requirements and industry information affecting the business environment
- Regularly provided timely status updates to management
- Willingness to pitch-in with other team members. Entrepreneurial spirit to identify problems or challenges and solve them.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Decision ManagementJob Family:
Data/Information Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting