The HR Control & Compliance organization is responsible for establishing frameworks with respect to both the identification and management of human capital risk, as well as organizational control and compliance strategies and programs. This includes the definition of Human Capital Risk Appetite, the development of compliance and risk management strategies, as well as the identification and assessment of new and changing sources of risk.
The Human Resources Control and Compliance (HRCC) Director leads and manages the Compliance and Controls Function for HR within the Latam region. The position requires in-depth understanding of Citi policies, compliance, controls, regulatory compliance, Citi's Internal Audit process and reporting and knowledge of Citi's Operational Risk and BRCC processes. It requires thorough knowledge of global and regional HR strategy in support of our businesses, combined with conceptual/practical grounding in both HR and the specialist areas of Compliance, Operational Risk, Controls or Internal Audit. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Responsible for developing and implementing a regional HRCC strategy aligned with the global priorities along with engaging global HRCC colleagues to partner in delivery of the global strategy. Accountable for achieving identified organizational and functional objectives, which requires strategic planning, and hands on execution and management. Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for HRCC teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Position reports to Latam Region SHRO with a matrix report to Global Head of HRCC. Responsibilities :
- Responsible for leading the internal HR Compliance & Controls team; working with leaders and business/functional leaders to ensure control policies and practices provide continuing value to the organization and ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory & policy requirements.
- Accountable for audit and exam management, issue management, change control, regulatory/policy adherence, and monitoring 3rd party vendor controls and resolutions.
- Serve as a senior advisor to various operations based units across the firm.
- Provide leadership in an evolving and increasingly complex regulatory environment across all countries, businesses and HR functions.
- Ensure requirements are identified, implemented, and monitored and that identified issues are remediated.
- Hold the team and issue owners accountable to ensure self-identified issues meet the established IBAM (Issues Being Addressed by Management) criteria.
- Appropriate construction of issues, CAPs and CAP closure documentation / evidence, as well as procedures for the escalation of self-identified issues and CAPs not meeting identified objectives within committed timeframes and the effective remediation of issues in a timely manner.
- Create/manage a change control function that ensures that automation and operations changes are tested end-to-end prior to implementation and that all changes are documented and approved.
- Leverage existing technology platforms to enhance opportunity for control/compliance while driving efficiency and simplicity in testing
- Exercises full accountability for end results, budgeting, planning and significant contribution to future strategy of the area.
- Maintain and build a team with the skills required to manage and mitigate Compliance & Controls issues across region. Develops talent based on career goals to ensure succession planning.
- Work with other control leaders to identify, leverage and implement best practices and processes across Citi to strengthen our control programs.
- Leads discussions with functional leaders to resolve any conflicts regarding issue/remediation ownership.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent implementation of the MCA, alignment to common Key Operational Risks and Key Risk Indicators.
- Applies knowledge of business products, processes and technology to identify opportunities for further strengthening of the control environment across the business.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory landscape, considered a subject matter expert in the field of regulatory compliance, controls management.
- Execute governance model and drive cultural change, embedding practices which mitigate risk of regulatory requirement failures.
- Provide oversight for OCC, CFPB and country regulations to ensure requirements met.
- Ensure oversight practices mitigate supplier risk, compliance with the OCC, CFPB, local regulatory entities, and internal Citi Policy requirements.
- Lead and drive gap analysis reviews against regulatory requirements; identify and close gaps.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience.
- Proven track record of leading and executing against large and complex Projects and Programs.
- Ability to work across and build strong partnerships with all functional and business partners.
- Advanced knowledge of critical regulators, regulatory requirements and Citi Compliance.
- Demonstrated understanding of business procedures, financial services, control and regulatory industry knowledge.
- Ability to drive multiple programs through to a successful conclusion.
- Execution focused, evidence of delivering against challenging objectives.
- Ability to build trustworthy relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Process and Governance - ability to create structure in a fairly ambiguous and rapidly evolving environment.
- Demonstrated experience with coaching and developing others to develop and manage a high performing team.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree and managerial experience.
Primary Location: Miami, Florida
Other locations may be consider. Job Family Group:
Compliance and ControlJob Family:
Business Control Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting