Direct Custody and Clearing is a business that provides a set of services to clients including global custodians, international broker dealers and International CSDs, local brokers, local pension funds, insurance companies and investment finds. The business acts as the local expert for the foreign clients providing safekeeping of assets, clearing of cash and securities transactions, CLS and all the activities related to the post trade cycle including asset services and taxes. The business also works with market participants and regulators to improve investment conditions in the country.
The Market Specialist / Client Manager is a senior level position responsible for managing a set of the most important cross border clients and local clients within the Direct Custody and Clearing segment. The position has the primary responsibility of client relationship management, including maintenance and client retention, ensuring appropriate service levels across support functions
In addition, based on clients' requirements and market analysis, the VP Market Specialist will participate on the generation of product innovation opportunities in order to articulate and define strategy across its clients and products and to channel & prioritize product required developments and its implementation through Product Management. The role will also include Managing responsibilities as back up to the Market Specialist Head. Responsibilities:
- Manage clients' portfolio and support clients on all business and product lines of Securities Services Mexico. Act as point of contact and point of escalation for the client Network Management teams. Drive client's relationship management, focusing in service excellence and client retention.
- Address, monitor and follow up on key issues identified impacting clients. Ensure these are escalated, resolved by Product Management and/or Operations and Technology timely.
- Work on strategic creation of account plans for platinum and gold clients. Have an strategic view of the client relationship to generate client satisfaction and product stickiness
- Execute client value propositions, positioning, segmentation, pricing, targeting, channel strategies, and competitive differentiation to achieve preferred status as a partner to Citi clients
- Engage with Client Services and other support teams to ensure proper level of service is offered. Escalate and address constantly (if applicable).
- Manage client and competitor market research
- Contribute to achievement of acquisition targets, product financial performance, revenue performance, and expense management goals as well as oversee identification and execution of opportunities and gaps business plans
- Develop and communicate a business plan to approach the marketplace, and coordinate and implement team procedures, client problem resolutions and client management
- Contribute and participate with Product Management on internal audit reviews/testing, including business monitoring.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Experience managing across multi-function and/or global business
- Functional experience in capital markets & client relationship. Experience on the custody business preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Ability to work unsupervised and adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication in both Spanish and English
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Product Management and DevelopmentJob Family:
Product Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting