The Global Subsidiaries Group (GSG) is a leading provider of financial services to the global network of subsidiaries of top-tier multi-national clients around the globe, serving the financial needs of subsidiaries of the world's preeminent corporations and financial institutions. We provide services in all regions and in most countries where Citi has presence (over 100 countries)
Our relationship bankers have a comprehensive understanding of the wide range of complex financial issues facing our clients. Combined with an appreciation of the broad set of services offered by Citi, this understanding allows us to effectively deliver innovative solutions to our clients. GSG relationship bankers partner with product specialists to provide a full array of banking solutions, from cash management, foreign exchange, trade finance, custody, clearing and loans, to capital markets, derivatives, and structured products. They also partner with our investment bankers to deliver investment banking capabilities to our relationship clients.
The Global Subsidiaries Group is seeking an AVP, Relationship Associate based in New York to support Bankers and Relationship Managers in the delivery of client solutions including compliance, documentation and customer interface. An area of increasing focus will be responsibility for all AML and KYC related activities for assigned clients. This individual will be responsible for supporting the end-to-end credit management process.Responsibilities:
- Relationship Management
- Responsible for operational effectiveness of the client relationship across multiple products by helping clients to navigate Citi's global network, local coverage and product support.
- Building a trusted relationship with the client network and operational teams, becoming a key contact for routine credit requests/problem escalation and resolution.
- RA assists the Bankers with preparing for relationship reviews. These reviews are typically strategic in nature, a holistic review across the full spectrum of products and services, held with the Treasurer, Finance Director, and CFO.
- Ensure timely resolution and client satisfaction on all financial and operational investigations including credit, foreign exchange, cash management, trade services, etc.
- Account Management
- Responsible for timely origination/monitoring/renewal/completion of eKYC and other KYC requirements across all products and across all marketing levels in partnership with product partners and RMs.
- GFCID creation and maintenance including hierarchy linkages in CIS when the client requests services.
- If there is no AM support, the RA will manage the account opening process.
- Credit Related
- Facilitate credit originations, approvals, documentation, bookings, fee collections and renewals.
- The RA is the key contact for negotiating Citi documentation - indemnities, guarantees, loans, FX etc. and for ensuring that the renewals are done accurately and timely. The RA also works on the legal negotiations, credit policy checklist with loans legal, writes up the waiver requests to seniors in Risk, Treasury, Tax, Compliance & Regulatory Control as needed.
- Monitor credit allocation throughout the network working with Parent Account Managers/Subsidiary Account Managers/Product Partners and credit risk
- Understand the bank's credit culture, adhere to credit policies and guidelines, and document and justify exceptions, where appropriate
- Product Partnership & Cross Sell
- Engaging with product partners and Citi's global network to identify revenue opportunities and to position certain product (e.g. TTS/FX) with clients.
- RAs support new business opportunities across multiple products and businesses, including but not limited to High Yield Bonds, Agency & Trust, Asset Sales, Liability Management Solutions, Cross Border Derivatives Solutions, and Equity Structuring Solutions.
- Monitor the revenues that TTS/FX earns, billing and service queries, correct mapping/marketing hierarchies in CIS, to ensure revenues earned from all products are appropriately reflected.
If you would like to apply to this job, please apply directly:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or closely related areas of Business Administration
- 5+ years of professional work experience in the financial service industry, specifically within Banking and/or TTS
- Prior TTS sales or account management preferred
- Strong credit skills/experience (e.g. financial accounting, commercial lending theories, industry awareness, loan structuring, etc.) but with good analytical aptitude and desire to learn. Knowledge of Citi's credit policies is a requirement
- Client services experience. Front office experience preferred
- Information resourcefulness and results-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong planning, negotiation, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with large corporate clients, capital markets products, derivatives, credit, cash management, trade, finance and securities products is highly desirable
- Demonstrates a professional attitude and flexible working style; consistently seen as the go to person.
- Operates within Citi's Leadership Standards (Drives Client Value, Delivers Results, Works as a Partner, Leads Change, and Acts as an Owner).
External Job Family Group:
Institutional BankingJob Family:
Corporate Banking Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting