The Balance Sheet Mgmt Ld Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the governance of funding, investing and analytics of the balance sheet. This includes
- Participates in managing liquidity and interest rate risk, the capital/legal entity structure and capital planning as well as managing rating agency relationships.
- Involved in capital markets activities including commercial paper and securitization; liquidity, accrual risk oversight and transfer pricing.
- Exposure to Citi's balance sheet and develop understanding of data and technology infrastructure supporting the liquidity reporting process.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or related field preferred,
- 6-10 years of experience in Finance
- Must have advanced analytical skills but also the ability to see the big picture
- Excellent communication skills are imperative i.e. ability to make complex subjects easily digestible for senior management
- Exercises proven Power Point and Excel skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment Ability to interact with all levels of management Must be a team player
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree
Within Treasury's Balance Sheet BSM ("BSM") unit, the "Balance Sheet Costing" team leads refinements in the design of Citigroup's Transfer Pricing, Liquidity Premium and other cost and resource attribution frameworks to incentivize optimal use of Citi's financial resources
The Costing the Balance Sheet team is responsible for leading large cross functional (i.e. across business, risk and finance) working groups tasked with refining the design of funds transfer pricing to closely align the costs and benefits of supplying or utilizing the firm's balance sheet resources. The aim of the process is to isolate the value generated by individual business activities thereby appropriately incentivizing optimization thereof to generate excess returns. The team has also been tasked with executing the project to centralize and standardize funds transfer pricing across the firm into a single system
The successful candidate will participate in the testing and rollout of a new centralized FTP system, and lead specific implementation workstreams for multiple countries and businesses, largely in the EMEA and ASIA regionsKey Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Participate in working groups with colleagues from Treasury, business, Risk, and Controllers to flesh out the new FTP methodology and key system requirements
- Communicate the system requirements to the Technology team tasked with delivering the software
- Participate in the development of the system testing strategy, taking into account feedback from Treasury, business, and technology partners
- Partner with user groups and technology on system testing, to ensure error-free feature delivery
- Work with EMEA/Asia Treasury and Finance teams, and technology teams involved in the FTP process in the region, to develop a rollout plan for specific portfolios
- Work with the Treasury ALM team and local Treasury, Finance, and business teams to transition the FTP processes to the new system, including supporting the production of financial forecasts using the new system
- Produce high quality training and project status materials
Job Family Group:
- 5+ years of experience working in the finance industry
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a quantitative-focused discipline, or demonstrated direct experience with Transfer Pricing and Financial Reporting processes
- Expert in the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong problem solving skills with an ability to rapidly assimilate complex information across a variety of financial disciplines
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to converse with a wide variety of people across functions
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across business units / functions to deliver results
- High energy, self-starter with a flexible and pragmatic attitude and a desire to show continued progress
Balance Sheet Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting